Friday, April 4, 2008

Kenmore Dishwasher Reset

Every once in a while my Kenmore Dishwasher goes into a funky mode where the green 'clean' light flashes 6 or 7 times in succession, then pauses, repeatedly. And the dishwasher doesn't function.

The first time this happened my wife called Frigidaire (or whoever really makes these things) and the service rep said that it does that when the water coming into it isn't hot enough, and to let the water at the tap run until it's hot before starting the dishwasher.

She also gave use the reset sequence to make the washer go through it's test cycle and clear this fault. Each time this happens, I rack my brain trying to remember the reset sequence. I search the web, and I have NEVER found it. I wonder if there is a powerful Appliance Repair Guild which wields great political power on the net.

Though perhaps nobody ever thought to post this sequence.... Nah!!! There has to be a conspiracy somewhere!

Ok so here it is....

Alternately Press "Normal Wash", "Heated Dry", "Normal Wash", "Heated Dry", "Normal Wash", "Heated Dry"
All the lights will go on and the washer will go through its test cycle. When it's done it will be all fixed.

[Sound of doorbell...] Yes? You're from the Appliance Repair Guild?... What??? that's a hypodermic needle?... Argggghhhhhh....

[Sound of falling body striking mouse and clicking "Publish Post"]

No comments: